A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Apiary visit 26/06/2011

Just a quick post to say I went up to check on the hive yesterday. Weather was overcast most of the day but fairly sunny when I went up. There was a bit of activity coming and going from the hive but not as much as last time, probably due to the weather. I removed the roof from the hive and took the feeder off and added 3 litres of sugar syrup, although they hadn't quite finished the last batch. Inside the hive, through the small gap that had the feeder over it, I could see and hear lots of Bees buzzing about. As this was just a visit to check they had enough food I left it at that and put the roof back on and left. I did notice there was a few raspberries ready in the allotment so collected a few handfuls for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment