A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Monday 20 February 2012

Birthday Beekeeping and Homebrewing Gifts

It was my birthday last week and no surprise I got some presents relating to my hobbies. I received other presents but I'll only show the gifts relevant to this blog.

A beer making kit from my soon-to-be mother in law (less than 3 weeks!). I have already started this kit off and it is sat in a warm place busy fermenting. In a few weeks I will have around 40 pints of bitter!

A cookie jar shaped like a beehive. Inside there were some tasty chocolate truffles! This was off my soon-to-be aunt in law.

From my soon-to-be wife. I have only skimmed through this but intend on ready it in full in the coming weeks.

A new hydrometer and siphon tube from my sisters.

From my daughter. Hope she got mummy to buy this, not sure it would be right if they had served a 14 month old mead!

And last but by not least, again from my daughter. She was fed up of reading anatomically incorrect stories about Bees. One such book was about a male bumble Bee with 1 set of wings collecting pollen to make honey, then returning to his W.B.C. hive to make the honey comb. She is only 14 months but know how wrong it is so bought me the above book which is much better! Clever girl!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - it looks like a fab load of presents. And enjoy getting married - it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. It's so close now. Less than 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete