A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Honey Bee In My Garden

This morning while collecting some onions from my garden I noticed a rather large flower on my courgette plant. On further inspection of this flower I noticed a Honey Bee collecting pollen or nectar from it. After visiting the courgette she went to a squash flower and then back to the courgette! I may try to save some of the seed and see what the hybrid is like! I'm really impressed with these pictures as they were taken with my phone!

Honey Bee on courgette flower.







This time on the squash
As it was the male squash flower and the female courgette flower then the seeds from the courgettes will be the mixed seed.

Below is a short video of her moving between the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment