A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Friday 17 September 2010

The Suit!

This is me in my Beekeeping suit. The jacket and the veil are combined but can be separated as there is a zip for removal. The jacket has several pockets at the front for carrying your hive tools and any thing else you think you'd need when inspecting your hive. The gloves have incorporated gauntlets with elastic at the end so bees will find it tricky to get in there and sting me (I HOPE!!). There was no bottoms included in the kit I got and i prefer it this way. I think it will be easier getting in and out of the suit if it doesn't have trousers as well plus jeans offer very good protection as long as you ALWAYS make sure your fly is pulled fully up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment